Our Yankee Candle Scent Systems app is a revolutionary technology that takes advantage of the Internet of Things (IoT) movement, bringing scent technology into the 21st century. We think it’s pretty darn cool, and apparently the fine people at MITX think so too!
We’re proud to announce that our app is a finalist for “Most Innovative Use of IoT” in the 2016 MITX Technology Awards.
You can read our full case study linked above, but here’s a rundown of why we think it’s such a great use of IoT:
- An intuitive UI designed for mobilized Yankee Candle service agents
- Powerful enough to control dozens of connected scentcasting stations across an entire building
- Gathering and analyzing data and telemetry across all stations
- Ability to push commands, or pull service notifications
- Remotely tune everything from scent concentration, liquid levels, and more
Todd Becker, COO of Yankee Candle Scent Systems said: “[IoT] gave us further connection of technology to the end point of our business. It makes the supply chain to customer process smoother, allowing us to replace cartridges not too late or too early. Service techs can be there because the stations called for one automatically. Our competitors just can’t do anything like that.”
Here’s hoping to take home the grand prize!
Learn more about the Yankee Candle Scent Systems app here.